Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sukothai old city




I got there finally ! This morning around a quarter past seven I left to the old city. I rented a bike, and around noon I had aready finished. Yes, it was kind of a disappointment, it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. But it is very beautiful. Especially Wat Si Chum, the one with the huge sitting buddha was impressive. I made some really nice pics there cause there was a pro photgrapher taking pictures of an old lady that was sitting at the huge hand of the buddha. I guess he has payed her to sit there, and I could take a nice picture from behind his back ;-)
I think that I did about 10 to 15 km on my bike, if I believe the scales on the map, so that was my exercise for today ...
And that was that, my last destination outside of Bangkok before I go back home. Tomorrow I will return to Bangkok and I will have a week to go shopping, and shopping, and doing some sightseeing and some ... shopping. ;-)


Ik ben er geraakt ! Vanmorgen rond kwart na 7 ben ik al naar de oude stad vertrokken. Ik heb er een fiets gehuurd, en rond 12 uur was ik al klaar. Ja, dat was toch eigenlijk wel tegenvallen, 't is veel kleiner dan ik had gedacht. Maar 't is wel allemaal heel mooi. Vooral wat Si Chum, met een reusachtige boeddha vond ik wel indrukwekkend. Ik heb er trouwens ook een prachtige foto kunnen trekken want er was juist een professionele fotograaf foto's aan 't trekken van een oud vrouwtje dat bij de reusachtige hand van de boeddha zat. Ik vermoed dat hij haar had ingehuurd, en ik kon ook een foto trekken van achter zijn rug ;-)
Ik denk wel dat ik, als ik de schalen op de kaart moet geloven (ik heb er mijn twijfels over), tussen de 10 en de 15 km heb gefietst, dus mijn lichaamsbeweging voor vandaag heb ik ook al gehad...
En dat was 't dan, dit was mijn laatste bestemming buiten Bangkok voor ik terug naar huis kom. Morgen keer ik terug naar bangkok en dan heb ik daar nog een week om te shoppen, en te shoppen, nog wat toeristische dingen te bezien, en nog wat te shoppen ... ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures and I am sure you must have had a fantastic time here with all these beautiful monuments in Thailand. Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories here. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Aadil.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home